The Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra is seeking a Business Development & Marketing Manager who works to improve the organization’s market position and achieves financial growth. This person will help the organization achieve its long-term strategic goals by building key donor relationships, identifying new donor opportunities, maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions, organizing annual fundraising events and coordinating targeted marketing efforts.
- Prospect for potential new donors and audience members as sources for increased revenue.
- Identify potential donors and audience members among area business leaders and cultivate
- Research and build relationships with individual season ticket holders.
- Develop plan to retain current season ticket holders and attract new season and individual ticket
-Identify new grant opportunities and help apply for grants.
-Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the organization’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Attend symphony concerts, monthly board meetings and lead development and marketing
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sponsorships and ticket sales.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all individual, foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Write press releases and develop all print and social media promotions, cultivating a digital presence on Facebook and other appropriate social media.
- Oversee management and implementation of a financial data base and handle gift data entry and gift processing.
- Coordinate the sale of program book ads and secure artwork from the sponsors.
- Plan and organize special fundraising events.
- Bachelor of Arts preferred
- Excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Other Skills and Qualifications
Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, and Microsoft Office.
- The position reports to the Symphony Board of Directors President.
- Work hours between 15 – 20 per week and employee will determine exact hours with
- Work conducted both at the Symphony office and remotely.
The Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra (SSO) is the oldest continually active orchestra in the state of Wisconsin, performing concerts since 1918. The orchestra performs six concerts at the Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts October through May. Full series ticket holders attend five concerts, mini-series ticket holders attend three concerts, and the Holiday concert in December comprises the sixth concert.
The organization operates on a July 1 – June 30 fiscal year with an operating budget of $350,000 annually.
Kevin McMahon is the current Music Director and Conductor of the Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra. His leadership of the symphony began with the 2010-2011 Season. The Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra has four affiliated groups: the Sheboygan Symphony Chorus, the Symphony Singers, the Symphony Carolers and the Sheboygan Area Youth Symphony.
The SSO’s educational programming includes:
Guests can enhance their concert experience by joining the Music Director, guest artists and orchestra musicians for a pre-concert discussion of the evening’s performance. The pre-concert talk is a free event for concert ticket holders and is held at Remedy Church located at 806 North 8th Street.
- Master Classes
Guest artists each season meet with local musicians of all ages to share their talent,
instrumental expertise and love of music. The two hour classes are held the Friday prior to the Saturday performance.
- Children’s Concerts
Each year The Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra and Sheboygan County School District introduce orchestral music to all public and parochial fourth-grade students, by providing an authentic "concert experience". Over 33,750 students have attended the Children's Concerts over the past 23 years.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and 3 references for consideration by October 15, 2015 to email@example.com or mail to Music Director Search, Sheboygan Symphony Orchestra, 830 N. 8th Street, Sheboygan, WI. 53081